Manuka honey is produced in New Zealand by bees that pollinate the native manuka bush. Advocates say it treats wound infections and other conditions.
WebMD takes a look at what the science says about using manuka honey as a medicine
Components of Manuka Honey are listed below
Hydrogen peroxide is a component of honey. The peroxide gives the most honey its antibiotic quality. But some types of honey, including manuka honey, also have other components with antibacterial qualities.
Another antibacterial component in manuka honey is methylglyoxal (MG). MG is a compound found in most types of honey, but usually only in small quantities. This is a great benefit in combating issues you may be dealing with in your body in regards to fighting infection.
In manuka honey, MG comes from the conversion of another compound -- dihydroxyacetone -- that is found in high concentration in the nectar of manuka flowers.
MG is thought to give manuka honey some of its antibacterial power. The higher the concentration of MG, the stronger the antibiotic effect. But, there may also be other compounds involved in the medicinal effect of manuka honey ( follow link below for additional information )
How is it used.....
- Preventing and treating cancer
- Reducing high cholesterol
- Reducing systemic inflammation
- Treating diabetes
- Treating eye, ear, and sinus infections
- Treating gastrointestinal problems
Healing Power of Honey
Honey has been used since ancient times to treat multiple conditions. It wasn't until the late 19th century that researchers discovered that honey has natural antibacterial qualities.
See additional info retrieved from web below about honey....
You can click on the link here to purchase
BENEFITS OF HEALING HONEY®
While you delight in its exquisite flavor on toast, in your tea, or straight from the jar, Healing Honey:
- Offers a delicious and healthy substitute for sugary sweets
- Maintains your body’s healthy immune response
- Supports healthy digestion
- Contains a number of free radical-busting antioxidants that support your health
- Boosts your energy and endurance naturally